The general of the Pak army who was called General Zia-ul-Haq Murshid and blindly trusted him, but what did he tell Benazir Bhutto about the execution of Zulfiqar Bhutto?

The general of the Pak army who was called General Zia-ul-Haq Murshid and blindly trusted him, but what did he tell Benazir Bhutto about the execution of Zulfiqar Bhutto?

 Former Prime Minister Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was hanged on a gallows and his voice was silenced forever. The responsibility was shifted to different people at different times and in different circles. After that his daughter Benazir Bhutto became active and Pakistan. But now senior journalist Aizaz Syed has claimed that General Zia-ul-Haq used to call General Faiz Ali Chishti as his Murshid and blindly trusted him. When action was taken against the Bhutto government on the orders of General Zia, General Chishti was the corps commander of Rawalpindi and when Bhutto was promoted to the throne, he was still serving in the army in the same capacity. Told that I had nothing to do with your father's execution. In fact, on the day your father was hanged, I was on a tour of the Northern Territory. I received the news of the execution via wireless on a helicopter.

Lieutenant General (retd) Faiz Ali Chishti allegedly said this in a meeting with Benazir Bhutto at the house of Senator Anwar Baig in the third week of November 2007. About a month after the incident, Syed wrote in the daily Jang. Later, Benazir was martyred in Rawalpindi. As Senator Anwar Baig was the only eyewitness to the incident, it never came to light.

To understand the significance of this meeting, it is important to know that if anyone has been blamed for Bhutto's execution since General Zia-ul-Haq, it is General Chishti because of the martial law imposed on Faiz Ali Chishti in Pakistan on July 5, 1977. The main characters were

General Zia-ul-Haq used to call him Murshid and blindly trusted him. When action was taken against the Bhutto government on the orders of General Zia, General Chishti was the Corps Commander of Rawalpindi and when Bhutto was promoted to the throne, he was still serving in the army in the same capacity.

According to the newspaper, Benazir Bhutto had asked General Chishti for her well-being at the beginning of this cold evening meeting in 2007 and then she remained mostly silent. I had this news for several months but the process of confirming it I took time and finally met Senator Anwar Baig at his house last week and he apologized for saying anything on the record in this regard. A few days later Mr. Rauf Klasra published a column on the same subject but my Curiosity persists

I did not meet Benazir Bhutto. She met me just as Ghulam Mustafa Khar visited me in the office of the British High Commissioner during my visit to the UK in 1978 and the media reported that I had met Ghulam Mustafa Khar. Faiz Ali Chishti told me on the phone in his hoarse voice

My interest grew even more because his book Betrayals of Another Kind: Islam, Democracy and The Army in Pakistan was published many years ago. In which he critically examined various aspects of General Zia's personality while admitting to playing a central role in the 1977 martial law, he also revealed at the time that the suggestion to open a murder case against Bhutto The time was given by Zia-ul-Haq's adviser Sharifuddin Pirzada and Bhutto's anti-Bhutto lawyer AK Brohi

I was interested in talking to General Chishti on the phone to find out why he felt the need to meet Benazir Bhutto. I wanted to hear their feelings in their language because I was told that Mr. Chishti had expressed his desire to meet Senator Anwar Baig on one occasion and said on one occasion that he did not want to take the blame and die.

Aizaz Syed further wrote, "In this context, I asked General Sahib if you do not mind, tell me what happened in the meeting between you and Benazir Bhutto? Chishti Sahib said, no, I can not say that much. I wish I had not made any request to Senator Anwar Baig for this meeting. Why would I do that?

This was not my first meeting with Benazir. In fact, I had meetings with Nusrat Bhutto and Benazir Bhutto at Jam Saqi's house in the UK. Look, Mustafa Khar has said and Nusrat Bhutto also kept admitting that if it was not for General Chishti, he might not have survived. If I had wanted, everyone could have been killed, but I did not do anything like that.

You are a journalist, you understand the interlinear things, remember Benazir was ousted from power, who ousted you, you know, our conversation also included things that were about her power.

PPP leader Senator Anwar Baig's connection with General Chishti dates back to 1978, when Baig bought a house from General Chishti in Sector F-8. Anwar Baig's close aides mention the meeting between Bhutto's daughter and Zia's partner

Baig did not deny the allegations, but Chishti confirmed the meeting but disagreed on the details. I pray for General Sahib's health and long life. Although he has written some things in his book, but he still has many secrets in his heart. I am sure that he will reveal these secrets as well.

Post a Comment

Please do not enter any spam link in the comment box